Birmingham Mobility Action Plan Questionnaire for Businesses and Organisations
Birmingham needs a better transport system. There are too many cars on our roads and every day we live with the congestion, safety, social and environmental problems this causes. Despite this, public transport, walking and cycling are not seen as a viable alternative. Birmingham's population is set to increase by as much as 150,000 people by 2031, which will further increase pressure on the transport system.
An improved transport system will:
- help the economy grow by providing quicker and more reliable journeys, bringing businesses together and making them more efficient, improving access to employment, providing access to new markets, reducing the costs of doing business and attracting new businesses to Birmingham;
- help residents and workers by offering real choice in how we travel, making it easier to move from place to place, improving road safety and the local environment and giving better access to jobs; and
- help us all by reducing carbon emissions, climate change and congestion.
How to respond
The questions on the survey below are for businesses and organisations to respond to. They are broadly framed and are intended to give you the opportunity to enter into some depth should you wish, and to explain your organisation’s point of view.
Before you begin to answer these questions, we recommend you read the BMAP document, available at: www.birmingham.gov.uk/bmap
A copy of all the questions is available as a Word document at the foot of this page to allow you to view the full survvey and consider your answers.
You can send your response via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the online questionnaire below. Using the online version, you can complete the form over more than one session, but if you are providing lengthy responses you may find it easier to draft your comments offline then copy and paste them into the web form. For processing purposes, the length of response in any one text box should not exceed 32,767 characters (approximately 5,000 words). Unfortunately, we are not able to accept responses by post.
Why We Are Consulting
We are having this conversation so that we can get general agreement on our vision for Birmingham's future transport system. By speaking with one voice we will be able to attract funding so that we can start work on our plans. We are also seeking some initial comments on the things that we could do to bring about change. Before you complete the survey, we would suggest that you read the BMAP document, available to download below or at: www.birmingham.gov.uk/bmap
- We Asked
- We are having this conversation so that we can get general agreement on our vision for Birmingham's future transport system. By speaking with one voice we will be able to attract funding so that we can start work on our plans. We are also seeking some initial comments on the things that we could do to bring about change.
- You said
- Your responses were gratefully received and will form part of the decision making process.
- We did
- This consultation formed part of a larger project and filtered into decisions made and recommendations for changes to take place.